Looking for a house sitter between April 2022 and January 2023 to take care of our two dogs and our luxurious resort style recently renovated property in the highly sought after suburb of Yarralumla.
The house boasts 4 bedroom, 3 bathrooms (2 are en-suite) and a large office with sit-stand desks. It has an expansive open kitchen with a 4 meter marble bench and sitting bar; a spacious butlers pantry, Bosch cooktop, two NEFF ovens and a Liebherr fridge. The house has an open lounge with King furniture and is centred around an open fireplace and dinning room - both flow from inside to the outside garden through large sliding glass doors.
The house has reverse cycle heating and aircon which is seldom used thanks to the evaporative cooling system, underfloor heating and European-made open fire place. These features make the house incredibly cool in summer and warm in winter.
The property includes an inground swim jet spa, a gym, a two-car lock up garage and a car port. There are smart TVs in the lounge and gym.
The garden is low maintenance and has full irrigation system, which is automated but still needs attention every now and again.
The Propety is situated in a great location in a leafy and quiet city suburb, walking distance to shops and a 10 min drive to the city centre or other major shopping centres.
We plan to leave our car (Hilux) and would like your assistance with battery charges and happy for car to be used for short drives to take dogs to park or the beach etc.
We have recently renovated this house and it’s our dream design, we have been extremely happy with it and we expect house sitter will enjoy what the house and location has to offer.
Due to the lengthy stay and features we may ask the house sitters to cover costs for internet, gas and electricity.
“The small print - the dogs”
1. We would be leaving our two dogs with you. They are the most precious thing to us so you would need to be a dog lover and committed to caring for them as if they were your children. In return they will LOVE you so much and want to be with you constantly.
2. We would cover their expenses in terms of food and vet bills, but if you want to go away you will need to cover their boarding fees in high quality kennel (although we take them where ever we go including local cafes-people know them here).
3. The dogs are Weimeranas and are a large breed (26kg each). The are trained and obedient but every now and again they like to push the boundaries so they need someone who has experience with dogs. Each of us can comfortably walk both of them alone and we use treats to discourage bad behaviour.
4. The dogs are inside dogs and are content with being left alone for 8-9 hours day. Their routine include a long morning walk (45min minimum) and an afternoon walk, breakfast and dinner. Due to COVID they are not used having people around them most of the day so if you need to go out often, there will be an adjustment period and you can distract them with chewing toys.
5. Dogs are not allowed on furniture, however they are allowed in the bed when invited. They are soft and cuddly and During winter they are a great replacement for a hot water bottle.
6. Due to COVID The dogs are not used to kids and lots of people in the house. If you have young children we would need to asses whether this would be safe for the kids and dogs.,
Sorry, this assignment has been closed.